Thursday, February 26, 2009

Twitter v. Facebook

Awhile back, I looked into Twitter, and couldn't figure out why I would want to use it: if people wanted to see what I was doing, they could see my Facebook page. I got back into Twitter, though, and I'm still debating its merits. Then, I realized it's flaw.

If you make your Facebook status, "Deacon Adams is going to the bar down the street. Who's up for going out?" your friends, the people you want to see that, can either show up, or comment "me" (or now, "like" it) and you would receive an email letting you know this happened. If you do the same thing with Twitter, if a friend replies, that's a text message. Now, I'm making this argument with the thought that everyone has an email capable phone, but, the point is the same - you are charged to follow friends' tweets. Why bother?

Another Twitter problem - why don't they have an application that you can click on a desktop or phone icon, the Twitter update box pops up (not the website), and you enter your update? Makes a bit of sense, uh?

No comments: